Margaux is an authentic expression of the style and spirit of everyone who wears them.
After serendipitously meeting at a cab stand in college and becoming best friends, we graduated and entered a world where women were constantly choosing between style and comfort. So, we set out to create a new kind of footwear wardrobe for women on the go, powered by thoughtful design and an innovative approach.
What started as a handful of silhouettes has grown into a full collection, complete with beautiful, comfortable styles for everywhere life takes you.
"There's a certain magic in striking the perfect balance of form, fit and function."Sarah Pierson
“We’re intent on creating a more inclusive luxury footwear industry.”Alexa Buckley
Comfort starts with innovative design and a just-right fit
Searching for a better fit? A non-standard shoe size—smaller, larger, narrower, or wider than mainstream sizes—might be the answer. It’s why we offer multiple widths, inclusive sizing (from EU 33 to 45), a fit concierge, and the best customer service in the industry.
Internally, we're committed to cultivating a supportive, collaborative environment where members of our largely female team can grow, learn, and thrive—inside and outside the office.
Externally, customers come first. That means we’ll never compromise on quality or comfort, and we’re committed to listening, learning, iterating, and nurturing community.
A Family-Owned Factory
We've been working with our family-owned factory in Spain since day one—and they're an essential part of our success. We consider the artisans, staff, and everyone who works there to be family, and their physical, social, and economic health matters to us.
From sustainable wages to a state-of-the-art ventilation system ensuring clean air, the working environment and ethos is healthy. All of the components for our shoes are sourced from and through local vendors, supporting a footwear manufacturing ecosystem that powers the region's economy.
Minimizing Our Impact
We’re committed to continually finding new ways to lessen our impact on the environment. Our current initiatives include:
- Incorporating more sustainable materials in our collection.
- Minimizing the use of plastic in our packaging with the goal to ultimately eliminate it altogether.
- Working with a factory that’s powered by 100% renewable energy.
- Using 100% recycled paper for our shoeboxes and mailers—and constructing them to be fully recyclable. Our dust bags are made from 100% cotton fabric and purposefully designed to be used for travel, storage, and more.
- Consciously designing to create classic silhouettes that stand the test of time—these are styles you’ll add to your wardrobe and wear for years.
- Organizing in-person sample sales and donating to trusted non-profit organizations in order to ensure we are never destroying excess inventory or samples.
- Offering customers the ability to offset the carbon footprint of their order's shipment for a minimal cost during checkout.
As a women-led company, finding ways to support, advocate for, and champion other women is important to us. Along with creating a company culture that allows our largely female team to find success in and out of the workplace, we are constantly searching for ways to bring our mission to life. From the editorial series we showcase on our blog to the community book club we organize, our content is focused on championing other women and women-led organizations. Additionally, we hold an annual shoe drive to benefit a New York-based non-profit helping women reenter the workforce through resume coaching, professional wardrobing, and workshops.
Designed in New York—
handmade in Spain
The family-owned factory we’ve been working with since day one is located in a region with a long history of making shoes for some of the world’s best brands. We collaborate closely on design and production, building profound relationships with the incredible team that helps turn our vision into physical reality. Each trip is an inspiring adventure that affirms how far we can go when we work together.
Our Factory Family
Our shoes are designed in New York, and lovingly crafted by artisans at a family-owned factory in Spain.
We source the best leathers and highest-quality components to create products that stand the test of time.
Spain is home to a storied footwear manufacturing tradition, centered in the region where our factory is located.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.